Top Eight Classic Films of ALL TIME Pt.1

That's right. I composed a list of eight classic films (by classic I mean older movies) that I love...and rewatch on a regular basis. Why eight classic movies and not ten? Well, I don't have that many XD.
I'm going to split it up into two posts so I can go into more detail.
Be it about friendship, about love or about...overcoming self conflict, the movies I picked out are definitely my all time favourite films. Most of my friends likes at least one of them. If you don't...I don't think we can be friends...nah jokes XD I'm not like that.
You'll notice that a lot of the films I pick out are Disney...that's because I love Disney to DEATH. Yes...I still watch movies like Snow White (even though it's super old) and 101 Dalmatians...etc. Since I have a kid sister (6 years old), I have someone who is willing to watch it with me :)
And yes, I sing Disney songs in the shower, in math (back in high school)...in art...and with friends...yes and by myself when I'm in front of the computer...AND I SING ALONG WHEN I WATCH THE MOVIES!!! Don't judge me.

Beauty and the Beast

I watched this movie as a child and it taught me something that no one, not even my parents could teach me. The common phrase don't judge a book by its cover is an overrated one because I believe, honestly, very little people can throw away the natural instinct to judge by first impression. I for one, am a culprit. But it's understandable and it doesn't necessarily mean you're a bad person. 
This story showed me just how important a person's inner beauty is and how you could be fooled by judging based on exterior alone. Of course, despite knowing this, the first thing I do (automatically) when I meet a new person is to paint myself an image of him/her based on what they look like. It's kinda like a built-in scanner thing. But I try, to look harder and deeper at the things that matter. And for 11 year old me, that was one of the most important lesson Disney taught me. 
Seriously the greatest love story ever told. Second only to... 

Titanic

THE GREATEST LOVE STORY EVER. Those who know me will know that my favourite movie of ALL TIME is Titanic. Not because of Leonardo DiCaprio but because of its ability to make my heart swell and bleed every time. I don't really know how to describe the feeling but I know that when I can still cry over something I've watched over 80 times, it is definitely something valuable to watch. 
Most people, if not all (and if you're not one of them then SHAME ON YOU) know the story of the Titanic so I really don't need to explain just how breath-taking and how emotionally drawing the film is. James Cameron is a genius. Enough said. Let's move on. 
PS: My Heart Will Go On is obviously also my favourite song. 

The Lion King

The Lion King is perhaps, in my opinion, the best movie Disney has ever made. The sequels weren't that great but the original Lion King was really my all time favourite childhood movie. I know I said I liked Beauty and the Beast but that's just the story and the morals it taught me. 
Lion King, on the other hand came together with both a powerful story and a terrific (and catchy) soundtrack. I don't know what I'll do without those songs. There's not a single song from Lion King that I don't feel strongly about...from Circle of Life to Can You Feel the Love Tonight...and seriously...King of Pride Rock makes me so emotional, I would use it as background music for EVERYTHING. If I ever act in a play and someone needs me to cry, they can play that song as the BGM and tears will come flowing. No joke. Goosebumps and all.

Fly Away Home

This is a pretty old movie and I remember I first watched it when I was really young...around 6 probably. I borrowed it on DVD from the local library and for days I searched trees in hope of finding baby birds...or eggs for me to imprint on so I can be their mother. 
It's a story about a 13 year old girl called Amy (woohoo!) who goes to Canada to live with her father after her mother died in a car accident. Her new life with her dad (who was an eccentric inventor) was miserable but this changes when she finds a nest of goose eggs abandoned by their mother when developers began chopping down the local forest. When the eggs hatch, Amy becomes their mother and soon she finds herself with them everywhere she goes. But the geese must fly south for the winter and with the real mother goose gone, there's no way for them to get there. So Amy, her dad and her friends decides to find a way to help them.
It's a great film. One of those feel-good movies like Free Willy except this one is probably less well known. It's not just about them helping a gaggle of baby geese but also about how a father and a daughter reconstructed their relationship. It took me a while to find the name of the movie but I did finally =D Downloading it now so I can watch it again XD


So yeah, that's the first part of my post. The next part will come some other day =D 
Some people might think that loving Titanic is overrated...or that liking Lion King is too cliche. But there's a reason why they get a lot of admirers. They're great movies!! 
And fifty years from now...I'll probably still be watching them =D

6 comments:

Matt | January 13, 2011 at 4:38 PM

i hope we have good tv 50 years from now

Carmel | January 13, 2011 at 7:50 PM

lol the only one I really agree with is the Titanic. Did you know James Cameron didn't actually want any songs with lyrics in it? So it's lucky James Horner snuck it in at the end.

Amy | January 13, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Come on Carmel...LION KING!! How can you not love Lion King!! D=

♥ Lorelei ♥ | January 15, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Titanic is indeed a tear-jerking film. Possibly one of DiCaprio AND James Cameron's best.
Didn't quite like AVATAR.

Carmel | January 15, 2011 at 2:08 PM

In the Lion King they have incestuous babies. nah jks. Actually yeah Lion King is pretty good, probably the last decent Disney film before it all went downhill.

oakleyses | March 23, 2016 at 12:00 PM

burberry handbags, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, gucci handbags, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, christian louboutin uk, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, christian louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet online, uggs outlet, christian louboutin shoes, uggs on sale, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, chanel handbags, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, louis vuitton, uggs outlet, polo outlet, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, ugg boots, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, nike free, michael kors outlet, replica watches, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales