The Next Best Thing


Random Video :D Such cute fruits LOL

My parents are finally back from their trip to Japan (>_>)...and to compensate for the fact that I didn't get to go (had to stay home to look after grandma and sister), they brought me back lots of souvenirs: postcards, keyrings, clothes and a variety of other goodies.

But the best thing (in my opinion) they brought back for me was the blue yukata. It's actually just the souvenir version (aka cheaper version) because the real thing is more expensive but the one they brought back was 5000 yen, converted to AUS...that's roughly around $50...which isn't cheap per se.
But nevertheless, my parents bought them for the whole family. Even Jamie got her mini version :D They also bought us getas (the platform wooden shoes) and in my opinion, they're even harder to wear than thongs (YES I FIND THONGS HARD TO WEAR).




They're hasty shots and also hasty dress up. So I'm not actually wearing it properly but you get the general idea.

And yeah...once again I'm not smiling. But this time it's justified =D I was trying my best not to shake my hands and also, my camera was out of batteries so I had to take quick snaps before it dies on me. I only got to take two...and these are it. I took several photos of Jamie posing in what my mum calls 'The Egyptian Walk' but they're on my phone. 

Needless to say, our whole family tried on all the clothes that my mum brought home for us. I really liked some of them but they're all winter stuff so >_> 
Wearing a kimono was the number one thing I wanted to do when I go Japan...and even though this isn't really...it. But it's the next best thing =) 

PS: This might be a little contradicting to my post...but...my mum also brought back the book The Rape of Nanking by Iris Chang for me to read. "Learn your history" she said. It's actually extremely gory and sickening...reading about all the stuff she wrote about...how the Japanese treated and mutilated the people in Nanking but it's informative at the same time. I went on the internet to look up the book and there's lots of controversies about how some statistics in her book was untrue. 
I'm not being judgmental or anything because this really has nothing to do with the present Japanese society but I just thought the book was something that made me think. And in my opinion, any book that makes me think is worth reading. 

PPS: Fine..all books make me thing T_T

PPPS: Currently downloading Lilo & Stitch for my sister. My copy of it got lost amongst all the boxes in the storage room. 

4 comments:

Matt | January 10, 2011 at 1:52 PM

wooo yeah hair pictures!
is it spelt or spelled?

Sunny | January 10, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Finally caught up with your blog posts :D love the yukata, OMG JAMIE IS GETTING SO BIG!

Amy | January 10, 2011 at 7:53 PM

LOL...like what Raphael said..."may she grow BIGGER over the holidays"

Vanie✿ | January 11, 2011 at 1:57 AM

hahaha beautiful video LOL

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales