Terracotta Warriors & My Shopping Spree


Most of the people from Mr. Sheldrick's ancient history class would know about these Terracotta Warriors...along with a few others who get this stuff drilled into their heads by their parents (i.e ME). So when Nicole told me that the Terracotta Warriors were in AUSTRALIA and so close to home (Art Gallery of NSW), I knew I had to go see these sexy clay men. Not that they were sexy...

So Matt and I ventured out to St James and made our way to the gallery (a place where I've been multiple times with and without school). The first thing I noticed when I got there was that the line was SUPER LONG. It literally snaked around the gallery and it was just the ticket line. We did have fun while lining up though...when I told Matt how much he looked like Emperor Qin. No seriously he does. This one picture in particular.



Unfortunately, we weren't allowed photos inside the exhibition. But I bought a lot of souvenirs (even though I know I'm getting ripped off). 

Four postcards! I collect post cards so they're always a MUST.

Terracotta Warrior mask...it was two dollars so I got it for my sister xD
I don't think she understands what this is. I can't even find it anymore D:

And I got this bracelet thing. It's got an old Chinese coin attached to it...but I don't even know if it's real >_> It was ten dollars too. Quite expensive really.

This wasn't actually in the exhibition. It's a nearby asian culture gallery where photo-taking was allowed...I THINK.

Every time I come see this part of the gallery, I always visit this Kimono stand. I WANT ONE!


The next part of the gallery we visited was The Indian Empire. I think we entered at the wrong exit or something because I didn't see a NO CAMERA sign. So I started taking photos and one of the gallery people started telling me that no photos were allowed. It's not really my fault >_> they didn't put enough signs around.

Matt's pink fizzy soda. 

The three paintings of the boats we studied during VA was in the lobby of the gallery!!! I remember Ms Ruck making us analysis these...they were like a response to this other painting from what I remember.


The skies were unusually blue on that day :D

We had Ajisen Ramen for lunch :D yum yum yum. It was as good as I remembered. 
The restaurant had a concert video of KATTUN playing on their TV. It's been ages since I was last obsessed with them :O

Ajisen Ramen is practically all I ever order from...well...Ajisen Ramen.

My sparkling Rose Soda! It looks so pretty but a little too sweet for me :(

Matt's Ice Lemon Tea...not as pretty and it's too plain.

After lunch, we raided Paddy's Market. And I bought this!!
Dried Mango and Dried Apricot :D

There was a few other things I bought...like these twisty usamimi headband things, a fan, a ball, these notebooks that can be turned into fruits. Matt on the other hand...bought these metal balls that you're suppose to use for training your hand joints or something o.O


They're alright but I don't think they suit me. Not my style you know... xD

The delicious...or not so delicious green tea milk frappe I got for Poporo while we were resting our feet.

I took the picture of the receipt in black and white because...this was my reaction when I received the bill...
DUN DUN DUN DUN
*Play Psycho Theme*
PS: They spelt Cashier wrong...

SERIAL KILLER...playing with his silver metal balls.
Yeah...think pure thoughts please LOL

Then later I spent around $200+ at Aka. Ah...I sort of regret it now but ah well.
I'll use and tell later...
BUT I doubt any of the stuff really works. They just looked interesting xD

Oh, just a sidenote, on our way back home towards Central station, there was a pretty bad car accident involving a police officer (who was injured and in shock, sprawled out on the road). I do hope she's alright =(
That's all for now. The terracotta warriors were REALLY worth it!! :D When my mum comes back (on the 9th) I might take her to see it again xD

7 comments:

Matt | January 7, 2011 at 1:52 PM

YES this one features me
ah how did i know the police thing was gonna be there LOL
STANDING ARCHER REPRESENT

Amy | January 7, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Indeed you are the standing archer.
"What...does paint fade?! Seriously?!" Yeah that's you LOL

Ray | January 7, 2011 at 3:07 PM

200+?? You're rich huh? Buy me :D

THE DAILY LEONA | January 9, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Too bad the Terracotta exhibition wasn't here last year. You could have worn that mask to our Year 11 social masquerade...

Amy | January 9, 2011 at 9:17 PM

LOL!!! I would be the sexiest lady there with that on my face ;D

Eric | January 10, 2011 at 9:19 AM

I wanted to go terracotta warriors...wtf. I heard you changed your hair colour. PICTURES!!

oakleyses | March 23, 2016 at 12:01 PM

sac vanessa bruno, hollister uk, polo lacoste, vans pas cher, nike roshe run uk, nike free uk, true religion outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren, coach purses, louboutin pas cher, hollister pas cher, kate spade, lululemon canada, timberland pas cher, michael kors outlet, sac longchamp pas cher, michael kors pas cher, ray ban pas cher, true religion outlet, abercrombie and fitch uk, nike air max uk, replica handbags, nike air max uk, nike blazer pas cher, coach outlet, nike roshe, michael kors, mulberry uk, coach outlet store online, burberry pas cher, guess pas cher, nike air max, sac hermes, michael kors, north face uk, hogan outlet, north face, converse pas cher, oakley pas cher, ralph lauren uk, true religion outlet, new balance, jordan pas cher, nike free run, nike tn, longchamp pas cher, true religion jeans, nike air force, ray ban uk

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales