Hair Knowledge, Hair Care

So lately I've been chatting with this family friend who works as a hair stylist in Shanghai and she gave me a crash course...well not really a crash course...but some tips on dying or bleaching your hair. Including the amount of care needed to maintain them.

So I thought it would be cool to make a post about it =D
I have horrible horrible split (and dry) ends and it's good to know that I don't have to trim to get rid of them =D

1. The last 10~15cm of your hair needs the most care/conditioning when you wash your hair (especially for dyed/bleached hair). If possible, apply twice the amount of conditioner you use on your scalp for this portion of your hair. Because the nutrients travel from your scalp into your hair and the longer your hair is, the more unhealthy the tips of your hair will be (due to lack of nutrients). 

Omg so cliche >_>
And why am I always wearing the Pout LOL...I think it's a natural reflex. I smile...and then when the camera clicks, my face turns into this face. Like Barney from How I Met Your Mother. That one episode where Robin tried to take unexpected photos of Barney but he's always doing the same suit pose. 

Therefore, everytime you wash your hair, remember:
1) Apply conditioner generously throughout the last 15cm. Leave for approx. 2min (or longer if possible)
2) When drying this portion of your hair, pat your towel tenderly along its length to absorb the moisture. DO NOT dry it in a rough manner (by rough I mean rubbing it, twisting it in anyway) or it will cause more damage to the already lifeless hair parts.
3) Apply hair mask regularly.
4) When you brush your hair, try not to pull the brush/comb when it reaches the tip of your hair (causing more breakage).

2. For those who try to bleach their hair blonde. To avoid the unattractive yellow/brassy pigments in your hair, you MUST use HAIR TONER. For those who decide to bleach their hair, you must ALWAYS use a toner to neutrolise the unwanted yellow/orange pigments in your hair. 

An example of nicely toned hair. And in my opinion, a really nice blonde colour.
Basically, toning your hair makes the colour more even...and less tangy

And if you're going to go blonde...at least go for this blonde. Some people's hair turn bright yellow and very few people (asians) can pull it off. I guess the lady in the picture doesn't look too bad...I've seen worse.

3. Washing your hair too much actually kills the sheen and colour. 
But WHO WANTS TO WASH THEIR HAIR ONCE/TWICE A WEEK?! Personally I wash my hair 4 times a week...basically every other day (and even so, I feel uncomfortable). But if I wash them EVERYDAY, it's going to kill my hair faster. So I MUST HOLD ON :(

Yeah, that's above it LOL...I'm lazy :( 
I shall now go and enjoy my comfortable bed and take a nap xD I'm grateful it's not quite so hot today. 
Also, I bought new stuff for uni...new bag...new wallet.
REJOICE. 

Extra stuff...
ALWAYS REMOVE YOUR MAKEUP WITH MAKEUP REMOVER FIRST!!
Then wash your face with face wash.
If you don't remove the make up properly with make-up remover, your skin ages SUPER fast and it also loses its natural shine.
Don't be a cheap hobo and go buy a proper make up remover >:O


Signing out now!
Bye bye.

8 comments:

Matt | January 28, 2011 at 8:44 PM

LOLLLLLLL
i like the himym reference
hectic hair tips my last 15cm of hair really thank you <3

JesuS | January 29, 2011 at 12:03 AM

i have a question about the washing hair bit, why was it when i had long hair and washed TWICE a day it was.... "perfect"? XD...

Amy | January 29, 2011 at 1:56 PM

LOL!!
@matt: Your last 15cm of hair is beautiful as it is.

@william: Because your hair is out of this world >:D

THE DAILY LEONA | January 31, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Amy... I've broken all your rules. I wash my hair EVERYDAY. I cannot stand greasy hair + fringe! My forehead/face becomes icky D:

I also condition the top of my hair! And straighten my hair everyday! I also rub my hair in my towel and pull it dry! D: I have split ends all the way to my head D: I feel like cwying :'(

Help meee *begs*

THE DAILY LEONA | January 31, 2011 at 12:06 AM

AND I DON'T REMOVE MY MAKE UP WITH PROPER MAKE-UP REMOVER!!! Nooooooo I just use a cotton bud and eye cream! Amy, Oh Amy! Teach me your ways of beauty! And I'll trade it with a big, fat lunch.

Amy | January 31, 2011 at 12:17 PM

LETS GO HAIR PRODUCT SHOPPING!!!

oakleyses | March 23, 2016 at 12:00 PM

v

oakleyses | March 23, 2016 at 12:01 PM

pandora jewelry, canada goose uk, canada goose, barbour, moncler, karen millen uk, swarovski crystal, replica watches, louis vuitton, canada goose, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, nike air max, lancel, swarovski, canada goose jackets, gucci, converse, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, juicy couture outlet, doudoune moncler, hollister, moncler, montre pas cher, coach outlet, links of london, hollister, ugg uk, ugg, toms shoes, marc jacobs, pandora uk, vans, canada goose, moncler, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, ray ban, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, converse outlet, moncler uk, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, supra shoes, barbour uk

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales