Rants about...Youtube Trends

Okay, I just wanted to use this post to rant about some things I've noticed (for a very long time) on Youtube. You can call them trends...and it makes you think where it came from. It's not that I don't like them...but sometimes I find them quite annoying, especially when they use them badly.

You know the things people say when they comment on the number of dislikes a video has?
Example:
On a Titanic video (a video with 1489 dislikes), someone commented:


I admit, it's funny but at the same time it was a little insensitive. That's not the point of this topic though. That comment was one of the funnier ones.

What I'm trying to say is...this thing has become a bit of a Youtube trend and you'll find it in EVERY video. You can tell that a lot of people are just trying to be funny and it annoys me to no end. I guess you can say, "STOP READING IT THEN", but it's sort of hard not to. It's not like I scroll through pages and pages of comments to find them. I just find them tasteless and an eyesore.
Example: 
On a Michelle Phan video about 7 Ways to Wear a Scarf, someone commented: "1117 people do not wear a scarf"  
No offense to the person who made the comment but...is there REALLY a point to this comment you made? I guess you can write whatever you like but this comment totally screams "I'm writing this so people can like it"

Disclaimer: Like I said before, I'm don't DISLIKE them...they're often quite interesting to read. But if you're going to do it, please at least make the effort to make them funny.

6 comments:

Ray | January 14, 2011 at 11:13 PM

LOL That last one is actually pretty funny.

♥ Lorelei ♥ | January 15, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Michelle Phan is dominating Youtube's make up division. I really think it was a good move adding the fashion guru onto her channel.

Carmel | January 15, 2011 at 1:59 PM

I think that Titanic one is a bit insensitive. 1489 is about 28 off the number of people who actually died that night.

Amy | January 15, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Ohh I didn't know that o_O but yeah. Insensitive :(

Matt | January 15, 2011 at 9:16 PM

On a Michelle Phan video about 7 Ways to Wear a Scarf, someone commented: "1117 people do not wear a scarf"

LOLLLLLLLLLL

oakleyses | October 23, 2014 at 6:56 PM

babyliss pro, p90x workout, valentino shoes, canada goose pas cher, rolex watches, canada goose outlet, abercrombie and fitch, mcm handbags, lululemon outlet, canada goose outlet, new balance outlet, soccer shoes, bottega veneta, wedding dresses, insanity workout, hollister, canada goose, jimmy choo shoes, ugg outlet, ugg boots, north face outlet, uggs outlet, ghd, asics shoes, marc jacobs outlet, giuseppe zanotti, ferragamo shoes, longchamp, reebok outlet, birkin bag, north face jackets, canada goose uk, celine handbags, vans outlet, nfl jerseys, uggs on sale, ugg, moncler, mont blanc pens, roshe run, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, mac cosmetics, chi flat iron, herve leger, beats headphones, moncler, ugg soldes, soccer jerseys, instyler ionic styler

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales