History and Memory


Today I did about an hour's worth of research on History and Memory for the Paper 2 English Test tomorrow.
Just thought I'd share some of the results I found quite interesting.

Definitions for History
An objective recounted memory of the past.

Definitions for Memory
A subjective recollection of personal history.

I see I see. So History is an objective memory and Memory is a subjective history? Okay...
I think I just lost some respect for the internet. There's too much waffle and Google Search is a big fat liar.
Yes...I'm accusing them of false advertisement.
There was a site called History and Memory: A Collection of Related Texts. I was so excited when I was waiting for the browser to load. But the correct title turned out to be History and Memory: Does anyone have a Collection of Related Texts? Sigh...sad face :(
But yes...I have two related texts now and I found them using my efforts.

Related Text One (non-fiction recount auto
biography)
Night by Elie Wiesel
This one is really similar to Fiftieth Gate except that, it's a first-hand account written by a survivor of the Holocaust.

Related Text Two (film)
A Night to Remember directed by Roy W
ard Baker (based on the book by Walter Lord)
This is a recount of the Titanic disaster and is one of the most historically-accurate films on the film. It's quite old, released in 1958, but it's on one of my favourite topics :D

Yeah...feel free to steal them LOL! But you will have to put in some research before writing about them since there seems to be few or no materials online at all. I've watched the film already and I've read the book...now all I gotta do is write those essays! YAY! CELEBRATION~


No...I'm not really excited. T___T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales