Curly Hair: A Guide

Disclaimer: Before I begin this post...I would just like to clarify that the below information is something that is solely about ME. There's no advice below...nothing informative...just something I'm doing because I'm bored. I can't curl my own hair to save my own life...and I have many (and I mean MANY) burn marks from the hair curlers I use to prove it. So laugh, smile or scorn it as much as you want. In the end, it's just something fun I thought I'd do to spend my miserable time at home (sick and all).

Okay, let's start!
First of all...there's many types of curls in the world...there's the insane Elvis Presley type like this. Not my cup of tea I'm afraid...and there's also the afro, also not my thing...Can you imagine me with those hairstyles? No, of course not. It's not for me. Although I must say...it does look good on some people :D So congrats to the ones who can pull it off! Clowns are an exception.

Now, I'm not going to go into DEEP DETAIL with everything because after all, that's what hair stylists are for. Visit your local professional for ACCURATE information on these things.
What I wanted to talk about today...is the various types of curls I have for MY HAIR and how they came to be. Please note...that around 80% of the time, my hair doesn't turn out the way I want them to...I'll post some pictures of them in the future. They're HILARIOUS.

Type One: The Bed Hair Wave


Examples include: Delia's 18th Birthday Cruise
Features: Some features of this type of hair include: messy hair without a uniform direction
Technique: Basically what I do for this is...I french-braid my hair (while it's damp) and I sleep with it braided. When I wake up, my hair should have dried and the curls should be good.
Pros:If you're lazy...yeah...all you have to do is sleep.
Cons: Let me tell you...this one is REALLY risky. Because sometimes it turns out quite bad...and you can't fix it. There might be a strand curling in the wrong direction making you look like an alien with an antenna. So yeah...don't do it.
Skills needed to achieve this: French-braiding or just braiding....oh yeah and also COURAGE and FAITH. You'll need it because you might actually look like this if it doesn't go well.

Type Two: The Hair Curler Curl
Examples include: Year 12 Formal, Mary Irene Monica's 18th
Features: Curls with volume WITH a uniform direction
Technique: Heat up hair curler and just...curl away. Maybe do some layering if you can be bothered.
Pros: You have control over what it looks like.
Cons: You might end up wasting around an hour or more...and still look like weird LOL
PS: The one from the Year 12 Formal wasn't done by me or any of us but actually by a professional. So yeah...

Type Three: The Finger Wave
Examples: None
Features: Wavy hair that looks normal and not forced. Most people won't notice that you've tried to curl it.
Technique: After you wash your hair (while it's wet), curl them with your finger, hold for around 2minutes, slowly insert a bobby pin to hold the curl while you remove the finger. Repeat for all strands. After that you're done.
Pros: It's a really good thing to do when you're watching dramas...and for people with a habit of twirling their hair
Cons: It probably won't make a difference and no one will notice. BUT it'll look more orderly and won't fly everywhere.

So yeah...that's that. Usually...when I fail-curl, I just walk out with them anyway...it's not a big deal to be honest. Okay...need to take my meds now :D byebye!

1 comments:

Matt | December 21, 2010 at 10:40 AM

nice
i personally use this method http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:DDIiAjLBVAlJ-M:http://www.skincarebeautyzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/hair-curler.jpg&t=1

but your methods are good too 8D

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales