Bling Up The Mac

So I finally got around to blinging up my Macbook yesterday. I was waiting for my epoxy glue but apparently it's caught in the Christmas rush...so I guess it'll be a while before it comes in the mail. For the time being, I'm using craft glue :D (GO PVA!) I still have some left over from my Body of Work.


I got the crystals from Ebay...and they're not the fake, plastic rhinestone ones you get from dollar shops. I was told that if you wanted it to last and to look good, it's best to go for real crystals. So I ordered some online in November. They're crystals from this Korean Nail shop...but lemme just say...there was seriously NO WAY of communicating with her. I didn't understand her and she didn't understand me. But I guess the dollar sign did all the talking and there was no real need for conversation.


So I started my TEDIOUS WORK of sticking them on one by one...with a thin brush. I had to use tweezers because I had to coat each crystal manually. I think in total..I spent around 1hour and 30minutes working on it. I used flash for the image above but it didn't look good. So I changed to normal light.


So that's the finished result :D The apple icon and my initials...it's not that great and it's not fancy but I didn't want a cluttered laptop. 
Here's a close up on each individual crystal.


I reckon the S was the hardest to do. I think I almost went cross-eyed trying to get them in the right spot. Ahhhh the pain.
So yeah...90 minutes later and I'm quite satisfied with the result. My camera sucks so the crystals aren't shining in the picture but under the lights they look really nice =D THE MONEY SPENT ON BUYING CRYSTALS WAS WORTH IT!

Okay and here's an update on my latest Christmas GETS. 


A super cute giraffe plushie from Mango Insanity. It's one of those cushion things for your neck...but the twist is, there's a cable for you to plug onto your computer. Why? Because there's a sound device inside the plushie which plays music/sound from your computer. I don't need to stick earphones into my ears anymore :D What a thoughtful gift...especially when I'm watching movies in bed. 
Did you know that you get around a million new bacterias in your ear for ever 2 minutes you keep earphones in your ear? Or something like that...the statistics might be a little rusty but the concept is definitely scientifically true ;) 


Another plushie =D And you thought I have enough plushies already. Nope. You can never go wrong with plushies!! So here's this bear with a Panda hoodie...you can take it off too :D It's so soft and adorable. My sister tried to sneak it into her room but I caught her just as she walked out the door. That sneaky child >_> 


Yes that's right. ANOTHER PLUSHIE :D But this bear is super soft...and I called her Squishy. Yes, the name is a bit of a cliche but it stays true to its name =D The bear is squishy...like...cloud-squishy. If you know what I mean...And it says I LOVE YOU on the shirt...it's good to feel loved sometimes =)

So yeah...that's it. Some bling, some warm pals for the cold wintery nights (figure of speech) and some love. That's all I want for Christmas <3

6 comments:

Matt | December 22, 2010 at 8:01 PM

LOL... your sister XD
nice mac thing brooooooa

JesuS | December 23, 2010 at 12:57 AM

...DO YOU WANNA BLING MINE UP TOO LOL!?.. D:

Amy | December 24, 2010 at 11:27 AM

:D with crystals???!

JesuS | December 24, 2010 at 4:37 PM

YES! :D
ps. you DO know who i am right? O-o

Amy | December 26, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Yes of course I do LOL....MAKKKKKK

JesuS | December 26, 2010 at 1:18 PM

oh snap! XD

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales