school pride is a sin

I started wearing my blazer again!! Okay, I've been wearing it for over a week now but something happened today that made me reconsider the 'morals and beliefs' in which we value at St George.
I was going through urbandictionary.com, its the only dictionary i ever use and I decided to look up the name of our school (you know, for fun). And I came across quite a morbid entry. But despite everything, I quite agree with her.

"A school located in some place way too near the shire that has way too much school pride. It is the only all girls public school for miles around where the students are forced to wear ties, even worse...candy stripe ties. They have so much school pride that they are like a private school with less funding. This school is a haven for nerds and azn kids. "

:L quite funny and its only the first paragraph of her long and emotional essay.

"Also, wearing the wrong socks will get you detention. Refusal to attend detention will get you suspended. If you wear the wrong socks, you will be forced to buy some from the principal's office. Seriously,no public school is this strict on uniform."

Very true again =.= they have even introduced a demerit system now where wearing the incorrect uniform gets you demerited and once you're demerited 3 times, you can't go on any excursions for the rest of the year D=
I remember back in our Junior years, our ties have to go very high up, and we came to the conclusion that, if the tie starts to choke you, then you're good. Lucky we don't have to wear them anymore :)

So yes, that's all I'm gonna rant about our school. Don't get me wrong, I love St George (and our navy uniform, at least we don't have to wear brown T_T) We are also, one of the more 'well-behaved and less corrupted' public schools around (who cares if we're prudes) and sometimes its a good thing.

Oh yeah, a quick update: I finished my math assessment today. It went okay =.=
okay I lied, it was horrible, I skipped out so many questions o.O Ahh, oh yeah, met old primary friend Kevin See Saw on the bus today, finally talked to him...after like what...5 years? It's nice catching up with people you haven't talked to for ages :)
oh yesss and more laughing from queenie babes xD

PS: I want to watch Transformers ASAP!!

PPS: Ohh lalalalala the techs are coming home =.= im still pissed about how they get to go snowys for a week while we're stuck in examland, but you know, its nice to have them back :)

PPPS: I think I'm getting more sick :( my throat is getting worse and now I cant even walk properly. I think its because of my sleep deprivation...I WONDER WHY! *glares at incoming prank calls * Oh yea, my dad came home from Melbourne today and it turns out he's sick too and quite feverish o.O better not be the swine flu. Mum took him to the doctors already and the doctor said its just a normal fever but to be safe mum locked him in an individual room out at the back and we're not allowed to approach him D=

0 comments:

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales