My Own X-File

Warning: The following story is based on a true story O_O and may include horror and course language not suitable for children under 15. Viewer discretion is advised.

Last night, after I got off the phone at around 2:25, I sort of drifted into a light sleep and I thought I was dreaming. The dream felt real but a little blurry at the same time.

In this dream, I was walking around the house searching for something. I didn't know who I was or what I was, but it felt like I was floating and I felt very light. I drifted from room to room until I came to my own room. I floated inside and floated next to my bed and looked down at the person on the bed. The person on the bed...was me.

The shock alone woke me up and I quickly checked the time. It was 3:01. Still quite shaken from that out-of-body experience, I willed myself to go back to bed. But of course, I couldn't. A little thirsty, I got up and walked out of my bedroom towards the kitchen. I didn't feel light this time and I could feel the cool, smooth make of my floorboard. Even the creaking of my floor sounded very real to me. I knew I wasn't dreaming.

But then.

As I headed for the bathroom, I stared into the large mirror in the corridor. It was a very large mirror, lift-size and much taller than me. I have always had a problem with that mirror. It gave me the creeps. And what happened right there and then gave me all the more reasons to fear it.

Standing behind me, towering over me, was a white wispy figure. It was translucent at first but very rapidly, it started to take shape. It had no face, but the whole figure alone was enough to scare the living daylight out of me. I couldn't scream, I couldn't move. I stood there, watching everything through that giant mirror. I didn't know how long I was there for...

Then my dogs started to bark. They started barking. Never have I been so glad to hear them bark. Their barking broke the spell and I jumped back into my room and slammed the door shut, climbing back into bed and threw my bedsheets over my head.

Just when I thought I was safe. The floorboards started to creak just outside my door. The creaking grew louder so I knew that whatever was outside, it was coming closer. Closer...and closer...and closer. Until it stopped right next to me.

I didn't want to come out of my bed sheets. I didn't want to face whatevers standing there. Call me a coward, but I was stared. And slowly but surely, I drifted back to sleep. I never found out what it was. Whether it was all just my imagination or an extremely vivid dream. Or maybe it was something else....I dunno.

But I felt like I had to write about it.

avatar of the day

0 comments:

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales