St George Art Expo


Alright! First I'll talk about the most important thing that happened today :D The St George Annual Art Expo where the year 12s and other grades got to showcase their works. After many all-nighters, its finally finished and completed.I'm not trying to be self centred here but I took mostly pictures of my own work (my mum made me actually) and my mum took photos of the other artworks on her camera (I'll post them tomorrow!).
So here they are :D I got them mounted at Paul's place (Sun Art in Hurstville).
Title
The Nature of Companionship



Panel One: The Garden of Eden
Some sort of allusion to Adam and Eve...except it's me and Cinney, if that makes sense haha. Some people thought it was Alice in Wonderland because of the animals and the rabbit D: Nooooo That's exactly what I DIDN'T want LOL.



Panel Two: Ecosystem
Cinney is a tree in this one. You can actually feel the tree trunks...it feels like bark xD I made it so its 3D and interactive. Had to glue cardboard then brown tissue paper. Then I had to draw the patterns on :/ Took a lot of time. But yes, Cinney is looking after me in this one :) I'm sheltering under her tree-ness.



Panel Three: You Raise Me Up
If you look at the branches, there's lyrics to You Raise Me Up on it. This panel was inspired by the line When I am down and oh my soul so weary...when troubles come my heart burdened be...and I am still awaiting in the silence, until you come and sit awhile with me.


Yup so that's about it. Everyone's body of work turned out so well :) I'm happy for everyone =)
GO ST GEORGE VA STUDENTS!

Oh and after school today I didn't go home so I bludged around Hurstville with Matt and Colin. I had to give Colin the money for Miki and also the rings he bought from my online store thingo O_O. Went to Nandos and then had DURAN PASTE at First Taste. Hey that rhymes! Yeah, it was really nice. I haven't had it in a looooong time.
Afterwards I went to watch Scott Pilgrim vs. The World with Matt until it was time to go to the art expo :D Once again, thanks for keeping me company in this cruel lonely world LOL.
Here are some pictures of Colin and his mushed-up/wasted sushis :(
I feel bad for the sushis.



2 comments:

Caramel | September 2, 2010 at 4:14 PM

omg I loved your artwork. I wish I'd stolen it.

Amy | September 2, 2010 at 6:42 PM

D: that's so sweet Caramel ><
That's the result of many all-nighters!! I have permanent dark circles to remind me of it :)

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales