Rocking the Sydney Royal Easter Show 2011!!


Howdy ho everybody! Here's a post about my trip yesterday to the Sydney Royal Easter Show. I went with my family and family friends this time because we were staying over at their house. Around lunchtime my parents randomly came up with the idea of going to the Easter Show to make up for 'not going' on Saturday because of the rain.
I was quite happy about it so we got ready and headed off to Olympic Park Stadium around 5:30. I have never been to the Easter Show at night even though it was a good time to go because the tickets were much, much cheaper ;D! 
Unfortunately, that means we missed out on a lot of the day shows but that's okay with me since they usually have the same shows every year!

 For me, the car ride was a painful one because I had a stomach ache AND a head ache throughout. But being the narcissistic camwhore that I am, it didn't stop me from taking pictures of myself in the car.
But see my thick coat and scarf? It was SUPER COLD that day and I was the only warm one because everyone else didn't wear much. When we left the house, my dad called me a "sheep" and I think that basically sums up what I looked like that day. Fluffy, white and sheepish...literally. But the joke's on them because by the end of the day I was really thankful that I was wearing so much. My coat was SO SOFT and fluffy that I really did feel like a sheep.


Anyway, back to the Sydney Royal Easter Show! Before we begin...here's a little history ;D

The only old Easter Show photo available online...
"The Sydney Royal Easter Show, also known as the Royal Easter Show or simply The Show, is an annual show held in Sydney Australia over two weeks around Easter. It is run by the Royal Agricultural Society of New South Wales and was first held in 1823. Queen Victoria (1837–1901), awarded the society and its show the right to use the word "Royal" in its name. The Show is historically an event where "city meets country" and the rural industries of Australia can be shown and celebrated once a year." 
- wikipedia

Apparently, it's also the second largest event to be held in Australia every year therefore it's a pretty big event. I go almost every year, usually with friends but this year things were a little different. I think the last time I went was with Queenie, Cinney and Annie.

As for the shows within The Show...I personally didn't have much interest in them. I mean, I don't really want to see lumberjacks sweating while chopping wood or watch shearers shear sheep. But I guess there must be a lot of people who like it seeing as the shows are usually packed full of people.

Last year, the best show I watched was the Flying Pigs where the pigs had to climb onto a ramp and jump over a pool of water onto a mat on the other side. It was kind of cruel but fun to watch at the same time.

So THIS YEAR, we went at night and I must say that everything was a whole new experience. I painted my nails HOT PINK to rise to the occasion.

Jokes...it's got nothing to do with it :(
Gina (left) and my sister Jamie (right) were super excited!

We passed a lot of Show Bag stands while we headed off to the amusement park area and we had to exert a lot of self control to not run off and get a gazillion show bags. I know I'm too old for them...BUT I STILL LIKE THEM?! Don't judge.

Most of these show bags were around $20 to $25 each...but the confectionery ones were really cheap with one brand selling 6 bags for only $10.
By the way...MEGA LOL at the lady to the right. If looks could kill..right?

Next we arrived at the Kids World (the amusement park area for the kids) and we decided it was time to get ourselves some DINNER!

We decided to buy some "twisted chips". And they were not joking when they said..."twisted chips"

TADAH!!!
Twisted Chips!

We actually had a lot of trouble unravelling the chips...but ultimately we gave up and decided to just rip them out.

CORN ON A STICK! YAY! I love sweetcorn...especially the ones lightly buttered on the outside.

And don't forget beverage :) 
See how fluffy and sheep-like I look?

We didn't actually get to go on this ride but it was fun looking at it.

It's Spongeee Bobbu! I think the one next to him is King Neptune from the Little Mermaid.
I was so excited when I saw Spongebob and I ran ahead of the others just to take a picture of him. 
Pity Patrick wasn't there though =(

It's been a while since I went on a Merry Go Round.
Half way through the show my sister got upset because she wasn't tall enough for some of the rides. The poor darling was so upset I decided to go to one of the game stands to win her something.

The man at the stand was pretty weird. He kept making jokes that I didn't find funny. He was also very persistent.I guess he was just trying to be friendly...but I felt so intimidated.

Here we are...going back to the Snowie place for refills..

And finally, the best park...SHOW BAG. The HK show bag was probably the best one you could get and the most worthwhile. It was really big and heavy (thus the picture of me struggling to carry it) and I liked everything in it.
I had half my face covered because I was trying not to laugh at the couple in the background.
They were wearing identical fairy halos and the guy was extremely macho so the halo seriously didn't go well with his overall...look. 

And the night ended with the Dairy Farmer's Fireworks!
My feet were killing me at this point.

So yes...in general it was a fun night =)

Our Easter Show Haul

By the end of the night we got two show bags. A Hello Kitty and a Betty Boop. My mum said Betty had a "hot body" so we got it for her.


Okay...time to go back to bed. I'm sick.

6 comments:

jj cloud | April 25, 2011 at 10:44 PM

DAYUMM! I want a showbag now! ;D

You are gorgeous as always, babe ^^ Even when you're sick!

Amy | April 26, 2011 at 1:02 AM

awww thanks jess x]
youre too sweet.
but yes, the show bag was awesome!! You should totally go easter show!!

Matt | April 26, 2011 at 3:50 PM

yeaaaa heaps of pictures!
LMFAO at the angry lady photo
shes all like NGEEHHH

Ray | April 27, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Oh that looks fun...love the chips!
Should have brought some showbags home for me...so inconsiderate!

oakleyses | March 23, 2016 at 11:56 AM

burberry handbags, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, gucci handbags, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, christian louboutin uk, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, christian louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet online, uggs outlet, christian louboutin shoes, uggs on sale, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, chanel handbags, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, louis vuitton, uggs outlet, polo outlet, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, ugg boots, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, nike free, michael kors outlet, replica watches, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet

oakleyses | March 23, 2016 at 11:57 AM

sac vanessa bruno, hollister uk, polo lacoste, vans pas cher, nike roshe run uk, nike free uk, true religion outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren, coach purses, louboutin pas cher, hollister pas cher, kate spade, lululemon canada, timberland pas cher, michael kors outlet, sac longchamp pas cher, michael kors pas cher, ray ban pas cher, true religion outlet, abercrombie and fitch uk, nike air max uk, replica handbags, nike air max uk, nike blazer pas cher, coach outlet, nike roshe, michael kors, mulberry uk, coach outlet store online, burberry pas cher, guess pas cher, nike air max, sac hermes, michael kors, north face uk, hogan outlet, north face, converse pas cher, oakley pas cher, ralph lauren uk, true religion outlet, new balance, jordan pas cher, nike free run, nike tn, longchamp pas cher, true religion jeans, nike air force, ray ban uk

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales