A Day in the Life..of a Design Student!!


Good evening boys and girls =) 
It's Easter Break and I finally have some time to breathe. Everything's been so hectic that I don't have a chance to write a proper blog post. Well, now that I have some spare time on my hands, I can finally put some thought into what I'm writing. 
Well actually, I have an online-hand-in 8 paged assignment due on Monday, but that's for later and being the procrastinator that I am, I'll leave it till the weekends! Yes, that's right. HSC has taught me NOTHING.
That aside, I thought I would make a blog post about my average day (accompanied by photos) because I thought it might be interesting to write about. I guess it might be boring for you to read but at least one of us is having fun right?

Here's a look inside my carry-bag. My camera, umbrella, make-up bag and a packet of Piattos. My friend introduced those snacks to me and they are SO addictive. And yeah...I have two more bags for equipment to go with this little brown one.

Now for my day!
First thing's first. I'd like to post a few pages from my Design Studio journal. It's a journal where we can scribble ideas and things that inspires us and I just picked a few of my favourites to show.

Before we start, here's a book that I'm reading for my Design Studio class at the moment. "Invisible Cities" by Italo Calvino, translated by William Weaver. This thing cost me $12 =(


 A tree I illustrated using cardboard and crepe paper to create the tree-bark texture.

A rough illustration of my concept for my major watercolour map where I explore the threshold between nature and the man-made within Sydney city. Too complicated to explain here, but enjoy the illustrations anyway
 
Panels of drawings we did for an exercise we were given during our tutorial. We had to present 12 different forms of drawing techniques onto 12 different panels from pictures we found online.
Another panel from that exercise we did. In this panel, I drew a geisha I found on the back of a postcard I got from the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
Nature crossing the "line". A sketch of a tree cracking the path with its roots.


 Another drawing for my concept. This time it's in ink and it's a part of my presentation draft.

So yeah, that's all from my journal. I was taking photos of them on train to my lecture today. Speaking of my lecture, here's a photo of what we did today!


We were told to collect 50 objects from our allocated areas in the city. For our holiday assignment, we're suppose to use these objects to create 20 models that represent different forms of "spaces". They're quite fun to do actually.

That's generally what we did in our tutorial today. My group and I left this task for a bit to do our map (applying watercolour in Burnt Sienna). I'll take a photo of my map sometime when it's "more" completed.
So that basically ends my day! Very tiring but extremely fun! Does that make sense at all?

Before going home and "relaxing", I dropped by the German Bakery with Stella, Tina and Mersini to pick up this giant pretzel :D yum yum

Alright, that is all. I didn't write that much...but cut me some slack. I've been working nonstop since uni began!! I haven't slacked off one bit.
Okay! Till next time :)

2 comments:

Matt | April 15, 2011 at 9:52 PM

i cant wait to put that pretzel in my mouth...



........up ma crack, in my assth

THE DAILY LEONA | April 17, 2011 at 5:44 PM

You guys do so much more work than we do... But your work looks more fun!

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales