17th Biennale Exhibition!!















































Today, my art class went on an excursion to the 17th Biennale Exhibition :)
We left school around 8:45am and arrived at Circular Quay,
waiting for the Museum of Contemporary Arts to open at 10. Outside the museum was a major art piece called Neuron created by Roxy Paine using stainless steel. It was amazing.
When we entered the M
useum, we walked briefly around the museum on a 2hour tour with a tour guide called Johnny. He was pretty funny and he showed us a video and a few of the works including:
Wow that was a lot! Click the names for a link to a picture of it! Seriously...it's worth looking at :) especially since I spent an hour looking for the photos online T
____T!!!
Anyways, after the two hours, we left for a bit of lunch before we catch our Free Ferry to Cockatoo Island at 1pm. It was raining a little and there was a man dancing with a life-size doll on the streets...























Then a random man came up to us and sort of half forced us into these global peace outfits...I only have a photo of Joanna o_o since the one of me is super blurry.























Awww that's adorable :)
So then we boarded the ferry and made our way to Cockatoo Island. It was once a Prison so everything about it made me feel uneasy. We headed into the Turbine Shop first to look at the exhibitions. I was actually allowed to take photos this time :) yay!

Inopportune: Stage One and Installation: Illusion by Cai Guo Qiang


















He With Glands of Wasp by Rohan Wealleans













































Kasbah by Kader Attia









































My Hubble by Peter Hennessey


















Alright!!!! That's about it :D
We watched some more videos. AES+F was particularly interesting, in my opinion.
Then we took the ferry back to Circular Quay and I caught the train with Leona back to Hurstville. There, I had dinner at Nandos with my mum and sister :D
Fully stuffed myself....
Oh yea one more thing...
I'm loving the violet contacts again >:D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales