How I Got Trampled On at Japanese Film Fest


Now that the JFF is sort of over, I can finally make a post about it!
First of all, let me say that it was EXCELLENT. Being a volunteer meant that I can walk in and out of the cinemas however many times I want. It's a really good feeling.

Of course, I didn't end up watching any of the films while I was on shift but I did get to see Yutaka Takenouchi in person (and close up too)! He's as hot as everyone says he is!
I couldn't take any photos of him because I was too busy holding the middle-aged japanese women/fan girls back. I'll get back to that later though!
But for YOUR benefits, I stole some photos off someone else who had a camera with them :D

Image taken from Riku Aoi's facebook album

During my shift, it just so happened to be the session where Yutaka Takenouchi was there to do the interview. The whole cinema was packed with fans and the media.
We were told by the staff that everyone except for the media has to remain seated when taking photos but as soon as Takenouchi-san walked into the cinema, ALMOST EVERYONE stood up to snap shots of him. It was like Meerkat Manor...sooooo overwhelming.

Not being rude or anything...but all the ladies were like this...

Image taken from Riku Aoi's facebook album
To be completely honest, I'm not a super fan of Takenouchi-san even though I do love his work. To me he's a celebrity akin to the hollywood stars I see in American films. I know of him, I like him but I'm not a DIE HARD fan. So that's why the amount of squealing REALLY shocked me. I've never been the squealing type so it was weird to see middle aged women doing those things...come on! Some of them were like 40+!
I guess I'm not one to judge...I might behave like that if I bumped into Nickhun or something XD.


Image taken from Riku Aoi's facebook album
Is it weird if I say he looks a little like my cousin?

Anyway, as soon as Takenouchi-san exited the cinema, A WAVE OF LADIES THREW THEMSELVES ON HIM, literally begging for a handshake. Imagine the boxing day sale when the door of Myers or David Jones open for the FIRST TIME.

I got trampled on, stepped on, pushed, glared at as I tried to hold them back. It was SO chaotic I didn't even know where I was going. I could tell the ladies wanted to kill me because I was one of the many people who had to walk behind him, pushing all the ladies back.

I'm sorry ladies. I understand how frustrating it is...BUT IT'S FOR YOUR IDOL'S SAFETY! 

The guys who served as bodyguards did their job well. So that was good :)

But yeah, after that ordeal, we had several other movies (without the star) and it was much calmer. I finally had the chance to take out my own camera to take a few shots.

The volunteers and staff! 

These guys are so fun to be with :D Misato (wearing the hat) actually got Takenouchi-san's autograph (one of two people).

This is Riku...with his pro camera. I felt so ashamed taking out my Lumix.

Todd next to the GANTZ poster

Finally a photo of myself =)

So that's generally everything! I had a really good time, got to see a celebrity, got some bruises and cuts...and generally enjoyed myself very much! Hopefully, I'll get more chances to do this in the future!

1 comments:

♥ Lorelei ♥ | November 28, 2011 at 11:31 PM

That looked like so much fun! The Japanese ladies sure sounded wild! But I would do that for Johnny Depp! Pity I couldn't come to Sydney for this.

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales