Life is sweet when you know where to eat

Today's post is by Guest blogger Sophie from Delivery Hero introducing us to her favourite places to dine! 


The working week is drawing to a close and I can’t help but daydream about what I’ll do and where I’ll go. Sydney citizens like me are lucky to have a city with fabulous music, great art exhibitions and cinema such as the Japanese Film Festival on later this month. But above all, I love to while away the hours with friends, eating out at one of my favourite Sydney haunts. Life is too short for bad food and I am nothing if not a self-confessed food obsessive (in a lovable way!) but for me eating out is also about atmosphere – making it an experience and not just a meal!

My Top 5 Not So Secret Places I Love To Eat



1.    Eating out before midday means brunch not breakfast! I love starting the weekend at a leisurely place with brunch at Blackwattle Cafe. Sitting outside this cute little cottage cafe, my friends and I like to order countless coffees, eggs cooked to perfect and more-ish homemade banana cake while enjoying the views of the city.

2.    Lunch by the beach – I’m a beach baby at heart and come lunch time there’s nowhere I’d rather be than watching the ocean. Thankfully, eating out in Sydney means loads of choices for lovely sea views. Bondi may be flooded with tourists come mid-summer but that doesn’t mean decent food is hard to find. Mexicano is my current lunch obsession and I’m not the only one! Listed in Timeout’s annual Food Awards this year, they serve modern, authentic fare that is truly Mexcellent!




3.    Dinner in Chinatown is where I head when I want yummy, well priced food. There’s no need to sell the golden goose when eating out in Sydney and Chinatown has quite a few inexpensive eateries buzzing with atmosphere.  Red Chilli is my choice for Sichuan and Marigold for yum-cha!

4.    No matter how old we get my friends and I still sometimes leave eating out for others and opt for a video and some pizza delivery at home. When we’re poor or tired or the weather is grim, Sydney food delivery is the only way to go! Plus, there’s no need to get dressed up.




5. 
   And then there are times my girlfriends and I want to go all out with ladylike outfits and have high tea on a Sunday afternoon. I adore The Victoria Room for the décor as much as the patisseries...and dressing up is undeniably part of the fun too!

Be sure to visit these places to enjoy what Sophie enjoyed! And a special thanks to Sophie for her contribution.
Don't forget to comment to let us know what you think! And follow my blog with google friends connect for more posts in the future!

3 comments:

♥ Lorelei ♥ | November 28, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Hmmmmmm simply delicious looking! Especially the asian dishes. I'll definitely try these out!

Anonymous | November 29, 2011 at 7:33 PM

what's delivery hero?

Amy | December 2, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Delivery hero is a site you use when you want to order food. It's like online food delivery.

Check it out: http://www.deliveryhero.com.au/food-delivery/sydney/

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales