Going Classic to Achieve Elegance


That's right boys and girls!! I've decided to shed skin and pursue the world of Hepburn elegance. Why? Because she's one of my most-admired old-time starlet. For me, she's the epitome of what it means to be beautiful. 

Obviously I'm not trying to become Ms. Hepburn. There can never be a second Hepburn. But what I'm trying for is her sense of style and of course the way she treats everyone around her (Audrey Hepburn was said to be one of the most down-to-earth starlets of her time).

So...
Goodbye mini-skirts, orange dyed hair and contacts :)

and...
Hello cascading curls, chestnut brown and ivories.


Goal 1
Softness starts with Cascading Waves
Also known as...I want a perm. Not those super curly afro perms...but a subtle wavy one. 
It's just a vanity thing. To me, softer looking hair equals a softer disposition. That's not always the case but it definitely is for me and cascading waves will achieve the softness I crave for my hair. I want softer looking hair. 
Ever since I started using the Herbal Essence Tousle Me Softly conditioner (click here for a post about the conditioner), my hair has definitely gotten softer. But I want it SOFTER! Cascading curls (or waterfall waves) will do nicely.
Softer hair makes my personality soft too. That's good, right? 


Goal 2
Chestnut Brown over Amber Brown
Yup Amber Brown is the colour of my current hair colour but I'm going to go a few shades darker and maybe go with a hue closer to chestnut. 
Why did I choose chestnut brown? Because in my opinion, it's one of the best shades of brown around and that's actually the colour I wanted when I first started dying my hair. Obviously the hairdresser didn't understand what "chestnut brown" meant because instead of that, I got the Amber I have now. I'm not complaining though, that colour's been growing on me. BUT IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE!


Goal 3
1000 Shades of Brown!
CLOTHING!! Not literally but yes, as many shades of brown as possible. Also not to forget the other classic colours such as black, ivory, vanilla and grey. If you want a splash of colour, try mustard yellow, olive green and crimson. 
In the end, it depends on what sort of style you have originally. If you've always been a colorful person then a sudden change like this would be quite bad. Just play down the colours and try more of the tones.


Goal 4
Accessorize Smartly
That's right...accessories! No more Paris Hilton white sunnies! Go for the classic black wide-rim. You can try other colours but black is always the safest beat if you don't think you can pull off coloured sunnies. 
Pearls are always a nice touch but for those under 20 (such as myself), it might be a little too sophisticated. So no pearl earrings!!! But pearl necklaces? Go ahead!! 
Rose gold is a beautiful colour so instead of getting plain gold accessories, go for rose gold (the gold with a slight pink tinge to it). Silver items are classic so go crazy with those.
But remember. Accessorize too much and it makes you look cheap so when dressing up, have one piece that stands out the most (e.g. an extravagant necklace) and dress down the rest of your accessories (e.g. small studs, small ring etc.) 
You don't need to spend a gazillion dollars to get a lot of HIGH QUALITY jewellery but a few pieces of good quality jewelleries are usually a MUST. Try Swarovski for their beautiful crystal range. 
Also note that since we're all still young (if you're under 50 you're young!!!)
we don't want to look TOO mature so as I mentioned above, try not to wear too many pearls, brass coloured earrings and lace. I guess lace looks nice if it's in your hair. 


Goal 5
Genuine Smiles
Obviously don't smile randomly at thin air especially when you're sitting on the train because that's just pervy and weird. But DO smile at passer-bys whom you make eye contact with. Smile at retail salespeople even if they're being a pain. Smile at elderly people when they come to sit next to you. Smile at bus drivers when you get on and off the bus. 
Basically, smile at everyone whom you come into contact with. You don't need to keep it up 24 hours a day but do make sure that when you do smile, it's a genuine one. Make sure your eyes are smiling too.
Believe it or not, it makes a world of difference. And yeah, I'm learning to smile =D 

So yup. These are my goals for the next 6 month for a better me :D
Hope it was fun to read. If not, then blah. 
Until next time x]

3 comments:

THE DAILY LEONA | July 6, 2011 at 12:03 AM

I like :)

♥ Lorelei ♥ | July 7, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Amazing post! I love Hepburn too. She's such an inspiration to womenkind.

Amy | July 12, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Thanks guys =D
@Leona: Yeah I know you do ;) ;) It's our style xD

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales