DONT PUT ALL THE EGGS IN ONE BASKET!

After watching so many disaster and expedition films, I noticed two things that really annoyed me that I wanted to rant about. Of course, I'm aware they're only FILMS...but still...

Don't take me too seriously though :)


Don't put all the eggs in ONE basket!
That's right! NEVER leave ONE person in charge of single type of thing. What do I mean by that?
E.g. a group of survivors are salvaging provisions after a disaster and they decided to share it with each other. One man gets the bag with all the food, one man gets the bag with the tools and one man gets whatevers left to get.

FOR GOODNESS SAKE.

Don't leave one person in charge of ALL the food! Split it into different portions for each person to carry. Each person should be carrying a portion of EVERYTHING (food, batteries, matches, equipment) so that if one person "disappears" or "falls into a hole" or "fall off a cliff and have to abandon their bag to get up", the rest of the group will still have the remaining portions.

You have no idea how many times I've heard the lines "Oh no...all the _____ was in ______'s bag" and "But we can't..._____ had all the _____".
Seriously people...if you all carried a bit of it you wouldn't have this problem!!!! I always rage when this happens. But I noticed this only happens to civilian characters. At least the military/trained characters don't have this problem.


STOP STARING AT THE @^#@%!@ TSUNAMI/LAVA/ALIEN LIGHT AND RUN! 
Another serious problem in these types of films (especially in disaster films such as 2012, The Day After Tomorrow and Independence Day). The people get so "hypnotised" by the awful thing that they stop what they're doing (running for their lives) and STARE at it.

Now I know they can't help it in those kind of situations and I'm not saying I'll do anything different. BUT IT REALLY BUGS ME. I'm always screaming "RUN RUN RUN RUN" in my head because it's the most OBVIOUS thing to do. STOP LOOKING AT IT AND RUN!

 DO

 DON'T
 But yeah. That's all. End Rant.

1 comments:

Anonymous | September 10, 2011 at 11:20 PM

this made me lol

Post a Comment

free counters
Blog Directory for New South Wales